Administrative Assistant/Office Assistant
This program provides the skills
necessary for an entry-level clerical position in
a variety of organizations, including:
Real estate agencies
Utility companies ...and many more.
Most graduates gain a position as a receptionist, secretary, administrative assistant, accounting clerk, word processor, or data entry clerk.
A certificate is awarded upon successful completion of the required Office Assistant courses. All credits earned iin completion of the Certificate of Applied Science may be applied toward the Administrative Assistant or Medical Administrative Assistant Associate of Applied Science Degrees and a high percentage of the coursework may be applied toward the Medical Assistant Associate of Applied Science Degree.
- Use current computer programs, including word processing, spreadsheet, and database software
- Type proficiently on a computer keyboard
- File and organize documents
- Understand basic accounting and business math
- Spell, proofread, and use proper business environment
- Conduct an effective job search
Job Outlook and Pay Info
|Median Wage (MT)*||$29,630|
|Median Wage (US)*||$40,030|
|Average entry-level wage, COT grads (2006-2010)||$24,238.50|
|Expected growth (MT)*
(projection through 2016)
|Expected growth (US)*
(projections through 2018)
|*Bureau of Labor Statistics, Office of Employment Projections; MT Dept. of Labor and Industry, Research and Analysis Bureau|
|Graduate Placement Data|
- Mathematics to solve problems.
- Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work-related documents.
- Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Understanding the implications of new information for both current and future problem solving and decision making.